Your investment in your business communications system and keeping that system available and up to date every minute of every day is critical. A short time ago, phone systems were mostly made up of wires and hardware. When the warranty on this equipment ran out, businesses were given the opportunity to purchase annual maintenance and protection plans to help keep their systems operational. With today’s software-based VoIP phone systems, software is just as important as hardware. New features, functionalities, and software updates are constantly available. In today’s ever-changing market, it is important to maintain the latest technologies. As phone systems have changed, protection plans have also changed. What once was annual maintenance and protection is now “software assurance.” Software assurance is a software subscription support program offered by most manufacturers that protects your communications investments by providing ongoing releases, updates, patches and more.
Why is it important to purchase and keep a software assurance program in place?
- Protect your investment. Stay current with software upgrades, updates, fixes and security patches. Have peace of mind knowing your operational risk has been reduced and your system is stable and up-to-date with the latest features and enhancements.
- Ensure your software is always current. A software assurance plan typically includes the following:
- Cost of enhancements and new software releases
- Service packs and fixes for any issues related to compatibility and security
- Remote diagnoses and repair of software-related problems
- Address System Issues with the ability to download system fixes and patches quickly and efficiently, ensuring minimal downtime.
- Maximize Employee Productivity by keeping your systems and applications current with the latest features and enhancements.
- Budget More Efficiently with a fixed annual contract offered by most software assurance plans. Efficiently budget for your business communications system expenditures in advance, alleviating the concern of unexpected system maintenance or upgrade costs.